The thing about New Moon is that everyone is expecting it to be even better than Twilight. Thank God that everyone was right. This movie had a lot of expectations to live up to and surpass. For this movie, they got a new director who made a lot of changes for the better. This movie followed the sequence of the book more than Twilight did, and that made a huge difference. I felt like I was living in the book instead of just seeing pieces of it like in Twilight.
Jacob Black is my favorite character in New Moon. First of all, he never leaves Bella. He makes her a promise that he will never leave and never hurt her. That's really sweet and sincere and shows how much he loves her. Jacob is always there when Bella needs him (even if she is being difficult), just like a best friend should be. And of course I can't leave out the fact that he is very, very attractive. He plays a werewolf, whose temperatures run at 108 degrees, so they never get cold. Also when they phase (which means when they go from human form to werewolf), their clothes don't pop in and out of existence, so it's easier to not wear a shirt at all, which I'm sure is absolutely fine with all the other teenage girls who are watching. =)
I loved New Moon so much because it was a lot funnier and less cryptic than Twilight. It had jokes every few minutes and I was cracking up in the theater. Mike Newton, a guy who also likes Bella, made funny comments about Jacob after he got upset that just made the scene, and Jessica Stanley made funny remarks about leprosy(saying that her cousin had it) and she just rambled on about the stupidest things that made little sense which is, of course, the best part of her character. The music in New Moon was more upbeat and fun than Twilight, which was dark and eerie.
The thing about this movie that just about broke my heart was when Jacob was begging Bella to stay with him and she left anyways. Throughout the entire movie, Jacob and Bella are constantly getting closer to each other, and they have these cute moments where you can tell that they would be great together, but Bella is still completely in love with Edward, and can't let go. I think I got teary eyed at least four times when Jake was rejected.
A lot of people judge the Twilight Saga because it's so popular and they don't understand what it's about. If you haven't read the book, you don't know what you're missing out on because it's written very well, and the movie is honestly the best movie I've ever seen. JUST WATCH IT!
(630 words.)
As soon as I stumble upon my next great idea to appeal to teens, I will make a billion dollars. That Meyer character planted a money tree when she started this series!
ReplyDeleteGreat Commentary: This movie followed the sequence of the book more than Twilight did, and that made a huge difference. I felt like I was living in the book instead of just seeing pieces of it like in Twilight.
Weak sentence: "Mike Newton, a guy who also likes Bella, made funny comments about Jacob after he got upset that just made the scene, and Jessica Stanley made funny remarks about leprosy(saying that her cousin had it) and she just rambled on about the stupidest things that made little sense which is, of course, the best part of her character. " Whew! That's a lot to handle in one sentence! It's hard to keep track of who's who with so many characters being referenced.